Pip and Flipper here from the Alpine Skate Trail. We look forward to welcoming you to Ireland’s first Ice Skating Trail in Fota, Co. Cork. Before your visit there are a few things you should know;
- This is an outdoor event set in a forest. We don’t recommend wearing your new converse 😉 and remember to dress for the outdoors!
- Some humans will find the trail challenging, you’ll never be as good as us penguins! We recommend you take your time and take breaks throughout.
- This is an all weather event. The rain won’t affect the quality of your skate. However, in the event of a weather warning of yellow or above we offer a free change of date. Simply email email@example.com with your order number and our team will exchange your ticket for you (Please be patient, on bad weather days we will receive a lot of emails- we will get back to you!!)
- Our skates are shared between customers. They are sanitised regularly throughout the day.
- We do have a small rink on site beside the trail. You’re welcome to test out your skating here first.
- Penguins are available only to those who have purchased them in advance. Penguins can be booked online on www.iceskating.ie.
- Tickets must be bought in advance. If you’re skating please do not come without a booking. Tickets can be bought online up to 15 minutes before the session starts.
- Parking is available on site in the lower tiers on the Wildlife Park car park or in the Fota House Car Park. Please follow the signage and stewards directions.
- There is a €3 Fota barrier fee payable on exit of the car park. Contactless payment and cash are accepted.
- There is a strict no smoking or vaping policy in place on site.
- Kids under 12 must be accompanied on the trail by an adult. As the trail winds through the forest you will not be able to see skaters at all times.
- We have a wide range of merchandise available on site. Contactless payment is available.
- Our vendors on site are all equipped with card machines. Please consider using contactless payment where possible.
- If you have symptoms of Covid-19 or are feeling unwell, please stay at home. We will change your session free of charge to another time that suits you email customercare@coolrunningevents in this instance.
- Face masks are required in the skate exchange area and are recommended in queuing areas.
- Finally, please respect the penguins, staff and other customers on site. Maintain social distance where possible and remember the basics of good hand and respiratory hygiene. Sanitiser stations will be available on site.
We are so excited to be back and can’t wait to see you on the ice! If you have any other queries please check our social media pages, our FAQ section on our website or email our team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you soon,
Pip and Flipper